Monday, November 16, 2015

First Bonany Dead Sea Mud Mask

*I received this for free for testing and reviewing purposes. All opinions are 100% my own*

Skincare is a big deal for me, I'm ok spending more time and money on a really good routine to keep my skin looking and feeling great. One of the things I like to do several times a week is a face mask of some sort. Mud masks are my personal favorite, I love how they suck all the nasty stuff out of my skin and leave it feeling as great as it looks. The Dead Sea Mud Mask by First Botany is billed as an all in one rejuvenating spa mask, but does it live up to that lofty claim?


First off, this is your usual grey color that all dead sea mud masks seem to have, but instead of having a clay texture this is kind of like if you made jello out of clay. For 99.9% of the population this wouldn't matter at all, but I have VERY strong feelings about jello. Like I can't even watch people eat it without wanting to throw up. So using the mask was a bit hard for me, I actually had to apply it with a brush so I wouldn't have to touch the jelly bits. This isn't like a gel mask, definitely more jelly consistency. There's a light almost floral scent to it as well, but it isn't awful.


This is a great mask for those with oily skin, but I think if you have dry skin this would leave you way to dry and tight. I left it on for the 15 minutes recommended and my skin felt a bit tight and dried out, so unless you are battling super oily skin I'd recommend leaving it on for only 10 minutes at a time. Once I washed it off my skin looked great and was super soft feeling. I had to use my favorite facial lotion to counter the extra tightness, but other than that I really liked the end results of the mask. I'd been battling some acne along my jaw line and this really dried up the monster pimple forming on my chin.

For $14.95 (with free Prime shipping), I think this is a great value. You don't need a lot to cover your face, so you'll get months of use out of this 8.8 fluid ounce jar. And if jelly doesn't freak you out you should really enjoy the consistency of it as well. Would I personally buy it? No, but jelly freaks me out. If this had a mud texture I would for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment