Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Today marks the first day of October, and is also the first Thursday of the month. As per my usual I am linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts. Let's jump right in.


You may have noticed my posting schedule has been...lacking lately. Week two after my injections is always the worst and I'm really feeling terrible. I've got a Doctor appointment both today and tomorrow (bring the count up to 6 in the last 3 weeks for those keeping score), hoping everything will check out ok and I'm not developing worsening side effects to the chemo.


Speaking of side effects, after losing a significant amount of hair I finally just shaved it all off (well down to 1/8th of an inch). You can really see how thin my hair had gotten, especially on the sides. I'm bouncing between ok and not ok with the new look, but right now a bald head is the least of my concerns. But this means I won't really be reviewing hair products for a while I suppose.


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so I think I'll do a few face painting tutorials for the blog this month in addition to the spooky nail art I usually do. I also might have promised some of my students that I'd wear costumes at least once a week to work. And bring candy the week of Halloween. Are there any face looks you'd like me to tackle?


My Project Pan is going very well this time. I finished ALL of the items in the skincare basket, so I've picked a new set out to work on, but I'll talk about that later. Of the picture above I've made significant progress on the eyebrow kit, tossed the bronzer (was REALLY awful), finished the two jars of loose shadow, made decent progress on the revealed quad, and hit pan in the other two shadows. The primer in the jar is getting closer to being finished, maybe mid November? The cream eyeliner is being tossed due to old age, and I've made very little progress on the cream highlighter.


Going from left to right, I finished the eyebrow pencil, ok progress on the red lip crayon, and I'm tossing the ELF concealer since it appears to be going bad. No real progress on the other lipsticks minus the lollibalm, which I did finish. I'm tossing the mascara, almost done with it and it won't survive the rainy season. I did finish the little CC Cream. So not as great of progress in this group, but I'm really going to focus on using up the lippies this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment