Thursday, April 3, 2014

Target's Up and Up brand

I, like probably most of you, see no point in paying extra money just to have a "good" name attached to a product. While I have to doubt that that $50 lipstick is very nice, why would I pay $50 when there are exact duplicates for a fraction of the price? I have spent hours scouring the internet for cheap dupes for expensive makeup, but that's a post for another time. Today I'd like to talk about a store brand across the board dupe I'm a big fan of.

I live within walking distance of a Target, so combine that with the pretty good prices and a wide variety of things, we do quite a bit of shopping there. They have a brand of their own called Up and Up, and there is a dupe for just about every product out there. Some are total crap while others are really good and always a few bucks cheaper than the name brand version. I've been slowly working my way through the bath and beauty products and so far I've been really happy with everything. Their version of baby shampoo/wash is really good, so we get that a lot for my son, and I've been known to steal the lavender scented shampoo from him when my skin is to sensitive for regular shampoo. I'm a REALLY big fan of their apricot scrub, an exact dupe for St Ives apricot scrub and like $2 cheaper. I use the scrub on my face and chest about once a week, so I go through a tube about every other month. In fact I need to go buy some more soon so I'll update this with an exact price breakdown later. I also really like their deep cleaning cream that's a dupe for a Clean and Clear deep cleaning cream. Big price difference with no actual difference between the two. I think the Up and Up one is actually a bigger bottle but I could be wrong, I'll check next time I'm at Target.

Knock off brands can be really awesome or really awful, you're just going to have to experiment or look for reviews online. But when there's a big price difference I think a bit of experimenting is well worth it. What knock off brand do you really like?

No comments:

Post a Comment