Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Palette to Fix All Your Face Woes

In a perfect world we would have no redness, no acne, no under eye circles and dullness to contend with every single day. This is not a perfect unfortunately, but luckily there are tons of concealers out there to help combat whatever problem you are facing. NYX is a brand I adore and trust enough that I'll try pretty much anything by them. So when I saw they had a concealer palette you know I had to get it and put it all over my face.

The NYX concealer palette contains 6 different cream concealers, each focusing on a different problem your typical person faces. There is a yellow concealer to counter purple under eye circles, which is something I am constantly battling. The green concealer is to counter any redness you may be experiencing, while the purple helps to brighten any dull or yellowed skin. The salmon colored concealer is for blue under eye circles, I really liked that there are two under eye options. And lastly are two concealer shades, a tan one and a darker brown one. I use these mainly to contour since I already have a concealer the exact shade of my skin.


These are a cream concealer, so my first concern was whether they would be blendable and smooth, hard and waxy, or a greasy nightmare. I am so pleased to report these are soft and creamy and super blendable. I haven't had any issues with it being to greasy on my face, and I have fairly oil skin during the summer. Now keep in mind it is blisteringly hot here so the texture may change come below freezing weather, but I have a feeling it will still be pretty creamy.


As far as how long it lasts, it just depends on what you top it with and prime under it with. On days I don't prime I find it does crease under my eyes and fades as my foundation fades. The contouring shades fade throughout the day even if I prime and top with powder, but a setting spray helps there. I'm pretty hard on my makeup since I teach so many Taekwondo classes during the week and as I said it's been 100 degrees here most days. I'd like to think the lasting power will be much improved when I'm not sweating out a gallon a day.

I'm so happy with this purchase and I think you guys will like it too. You can find it anywhere that sells NYX, but I prefer to get my products from Ulta during their big sales. I believe I got this for half off the retail price of $11.99, so a pretty good deal. And if you really like a specific color they sell some of them in individual pots if you aren't ready to buy a whole new palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment