Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

First Thursday of August, man this summer is just whipping by! I am so ready for the fall though, I am 100% done with this summer heat. I live in the Pacific Northwest you guys, so 106 degree weather is some serious bullshit. Anywho, before I ramble too much, I'm participating in Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom's Thursday Thoughts weekly link up!


Firstly, I will be up to my knees in Birchboxes this month! I got a regular one, the guest editor one, and BOTH of the 2015 CEW boxes! The first one should be here today at some point, the rest won't arrive till next week I believe. Stuff from Birchbox typically takes 10 days to get to me since I'm basically other side of the states from them. So many goodies, I can't wait for them to arrive!

I've been on the Lupron for two weeks now, two more weeks till my next injection. I'm bouncing between feeling ok enough and absolute shit. A little worried for how I'll feel next week when I switch some of my pills up, but I'm set to continue the treatments for the full six months. I may not have any hair left by the end of this, so if you are looking for hair tutorials this is not the blog for you.


Every month or so I like to pick out a handful of products to try and use up that month. Sometimes I finish them, sometimes I don't. It's really about forcing me to use stuff I may be neglecting. This month I'll be working on my often neglected ELF eyeshadow palette, an almost done BB cream, a hated eyebrow pencil, a favorite lipstick, a lip balm, an eyeliner that should be finished soon, and a liquid highlighter that only looks good on tanned skin. If I had to guess my progress I'd say BB cream, eyeliner, and highlighter done, maybe 2 pans hit on the shadow, and good progress on everything else. Though I'm tossing that brow pencil at the end of the month no matter what, I friggin HATE it.


Our county fair was last weekend and of course we had to go. I need my cotton candy and my arm length giant corn dog. Every year there is this body piercing booth set up and I'm just like....who does that? At a fair I mean. Like, there's no way that'll be as clean as an actual piercing shop. And what, you're gonna go check out the cows after getting a bolt through your nipple? Nothing about that sounds safe. So my question is, what is the craziest thing you've ever seen at a fair?

That's it for this week, I'll see you guys tomorrow with another fabulous product review!

No comments:

Post a Comment