Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Ah Thursday, we meet again. This is the last Thursday before September and all the children go back to school. I'm kind of ready for cooler weather too, or at least less "oh my god the whole state is on fire!" As per my usual I'm linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts Link Up.


So first off, my last injection didn't go as planned. Thanks to some screw ups that weren't my fault I didn't get it till Tuesday, which put me several days behind schedule. So now instead of having a whole weekend to rest and recover I've spent all my recovery time at work. I feel like something that has been run over at this point, I'll write more about it next week, but for right now I'm not happy and I'm looking into getting a patient advocate to help make sure nothing like this happens again.


Putting up another Tutorial Tuesday was so nice, I've really missed doing them. I originally stopped because I was going to move them to YouTube and with all that has been going on YouTube is on the bottom of my list right now. Should I bring Tutorial Tuesdays back? I got so many compliments on my DIY colored bobby pins, and they were all amazed when I said it was nail polish on a bobby pin. Stuff like this has huge payoff with just a little bit of work, which is how I like my projects.


I don't know how well you can tell, but the above photo is a car in my pond. A very drunk neighbor jumped a curb, went down a hill, managed to avoid all the trees and ended up stuck in my very deep pond. Nobody was hurt minus the island in the pond, but the whole thing was crazy. They had to get a tow truck to get the car out, and I'm assuming the driver was arrested. If you've never heard a car crashing into a body of water let me tell you it was a terrifying noise. And my downstairs neighbor is beyond lucky they got stuck, otherwise they'd have gone straight through to her bedroom. Don't drink and drive, okay?


The picture is terrible, but that is a broken finger tip taken the night it happened. Today it is a super dark purple and super swollen, but I don't want to take the splint back off so I can take a picture. This has not been my week, that's for sure, At least it's just the tip and not a lower knuckle, makes it easier to manage. Oh and for those curious, I didn't break it, someone else smashed it. Someone who owes me a giant slurpee now. Cherry flavored. Because I know you read my blog. That I typed with a broken finger.


September is Birchbox's 5 year anniversary and my 1 year anniversary. I'm getting two boxes again, which is awesome, and I think an anniversary gift as well. I'll have to do another 6 month look back at my Birchboxes and do a final review after the 12th box arrives. Speaking of Birchbox, someone asked me how many samples I have sitting around from all of these boxes so I looked back and totalled things up. Out of the 59 items I've received in Birchboxes (not counting CEW or individual orders) I've given away 5 items, thrown away 1, and finished up 36 items! Wow! That's some serious progress! Basically I haven't finished any full sized makeup item from them and the stuff from July and August. Good to see that I'm actually using up the stuff I get, I hate wasting money.

No comments:

Post a Comment