Saturday, April 4, 2015

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette



I've been talking about wanting the original Revealed palette for months and months and months it seems, but I just kept putting it off for some reason. Well I finally bit the bullet and bought it! I already owned and LOVED the Revealed 2 palette, plus I wear neutral makeup pretty often for work so I figured the Revealed palette would be the perfect addition to my makeup collection. For those who haven't heard of the Revealed palettes before, they are created by the brand Coastal Scents (available online only) and are toted as being almost perfect dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. Revealed is a dupe for both Naked 1 and Naked 2, while Revealed 3 is a dupe for Naked 3. The Revealed palettes retail for $19.95, making them quite the deal compared to the $50+ Naked palettes. I personally do not own the Naked palettes so I can't do a side by side comparison but there are tons and tons of them out there and the result are unanimous, they are dupes.


The palettes are made out of coated cardboard, so not the sturdiest case out there but I don't really mind. I'd rather save money than spend it on "fancy" packaging. There is a magnetic closure on it and so far I haven't had a problem with the lip popping open on either of my palettes. Within the palette there are 20 different colors, Only 4 of them are mattes, the rest are shimmery. So far I've used the matte colors as my transition shades, they're all a bit on the lighter side. If you are a matte eyeshadow fan this is not the palette for you.


Here's a closer look at the shades, sorry for the lighting my camera was being really weird the day I took pictures. Minus the blue, the black, and a pinkish color all the shades in this palette are some variation on brown. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, its just a little boring for a palette of 20 shades. But I guess if you are doing a neutral palette it will be pretty much all browns, so I can't really complain.


These are the swatches from the top row, done on bare skin with no primer. The first 4 shades are barely visible, after that it picks up till the very last shade which is again barely visible. Part of it is that these are lighter colors, so I expect them to be lighter on my skin. With a primer these are much better, but none of them are really meant to be an in your face color.


The second row did much better as far as visibility and pigmentation. I really liked this row of colors, they are gorgeous neutral shades and exactly what I wanted. The black has some fine glitter in it, but you don't really notice it enough to worry about it. It is almost matte black, which was a good inclusion in the palette. I like it for the outer corner of my eyes to add some depth if I want a more dramatic look.

While I don't like this palette as much as the Revealed 2 I still think this is a great palette and perfect for those wanting a great selection of neutral shades or who don't want to fork over $100 to get Naked 1 and 2. There is also a Revealed 3 but I probably won't pick it up, the colors just aren't calling to me right now. Do you own any of the Revealed palettes? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment