Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Its Thursday and you know what that means! Time for my weekly link up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts. Let's get this show on the road!


Remember me talking a few weeks ago about entering one of my Tutorial Tuesday projects in a craft contest? Well I won! Pretty damn excited about that, feeling awesome and crafty. The prize was a $50 Amazon gift card which I promptly used to buy a brush set I've been eyeballing for a while now. Which arrived just as I was pulling away to go to work yesterday so I haven't gotten to play with it yet. But expect lots of pictures on Instagram and I'll blog about them later. Yay new brushes!


My son's birthday party was last weekend and let me just say I am a small child party planning pro. And a cake sculpting whiz. This is the Gup-A from Octonauts, his current favorite show. Took about 5 hours to bake all the bake and then carve and frost it, but I think it looks pretty good for not actually being a professional or even having any sort of training. Although doing several big events back to back has left me super burned out so I'm taking a me week. And am getting a sinus infection. Joy.


How do you guys organize your makeup? I had been using just the 3-drawer thing in the middle of the top shelf, but my wonderful husband bought me the two clear and green containers for my birthday. So now I have face stuff, eye stuff, and lip stuff all separated out. Now I have room to buy more makeup again, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The new containers are Sterilite for those interested. The 3-drawer and the clear caddy on the bottom shelf are from the container store, though I've seen them on Amazon for around $30. Bottom shelf is mainly skin care and hair care stuff, plus a spot for some brushes though most of them I keep on my bathroom counter.


Did a wee little Ulta haul over the weekend as well, I had a birthday freebie to pick up. This season's Ulta freebie is a travel sized Urban Decay eyeliner in voodoo, which is a bright and glittery purple (swatches and full review coming up later this month). I'll be picking up the rest of my birthday freebies this weekend I believe, and another small Ulta haul since Maybelline is 40% this month. What Maybelline products are a must have for you? Love their Dream Fresh BB Cream, can't live without that.


No comments:

Post a Comment