Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

It's Thursday and I'm still alive (more on that in a minute), so as per my usual I'm linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts link up. Let's get started before I pass back out (only slightly joking).


In case you aren't following me on Facebook (which I highly suggest doing), let me catch you up on why there's been no blog update for two weeks. The Friday after my last post I woke up crazy sick with a sinus infection. Being a responsible adult I immediately ignored it and went about my business. And by business I mean spent the next 3 days so sick I couldn't even get out of bed. By time Tuesday rolled around I had developed a horrible cough and severe ear pain, so I finally made a Wednesday appointment to see my doctor. When the doctor yells "oh my god" when they look in your ear you know you have a horrific ear infection. By that point I was starting to lose my hearing and generally felt like I was dying. Thursday was another so sick I couldn't get out of bed day. By Friday I had lost 90% of my hearing out of both ears and almost half of my face was numb, which meant I spent the day at Urgent Care. I'm currently on 3 different antibiotics and I was on Prednisone for a bit, and as of when I wrote this post I have about half of my hearing. I don't think I need to say how hard these two weeks have, and the waiting game to see if all of my hearing will come back is taking a toll on me. I will be blogging again, so there shouldn't be any more gaps, but they may not be the longest or nicely edited posts ever for a bit. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I wrestle with this.


Now onto less depressing things, like free lipstick! I finally went to my local Sephora and picked up my free birthday gift, which is two Nars lip crayons (one red one pink). I'll do a full review on this and the eyeliner gift from Ulta, but I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this years birthday freebies. A lot of places switched to "free with purchase" gifts this year, which was a bummer.


I've been playing around with some face painting lately, which has been super fun. This was a cracked face design I did a bit ago. These are super fun to do and I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in tutorials on different looks? They'd have to be blog posts, my YouTube plans are on hold till my hearing is fully returned.


Right before I got sick I had one of the worst things that can happen to a makeup collector happen. I dropped a palette and it shattered. All of that pan minus one is from the palette dropping. Luckily this is a fairly cheap palette, I can't imagine how horrible it would be to drop one of the more expensive palettes out there like the Urban Decay Naked set. What's the worst broken makeup you've ever experienced?

In blog related news, sometime while I was out sick the blog hit 10,000 page views!! I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for every single one of you who read this little blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Once I'm better I'll have to plan some sort of event to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment