Tuesday, April 14, 2015

How To Make Your Own Cream Blush

Back in January I showed you guys how to make your own Tinted Moisturizer, so today I thought I'd show you how to make your own cream blush. While this isn't the most practical of all DIYs, it's still fun and who doesn't love playing with makeup? So with that, let's get started!


To do this tutorial you will need:

  • A powder blush. I'm using the LA Colors blush I bought to do this tutorial
  • A facial lotion. I have no idea which brand I used, my label came off. Oops
  • A small bowl and a knife for mixing
  • A small container to store it in.

First you need to crush up your blush. I don't want to make a ton at a time so I only broke up a fifth of the blush. This was I won't make more than I can use before it goes bad. Place the broken blush in your bowl.


Now to add the lotion. The more you add the sheerer the blush will be. I started out with just a teaspoon to mach the teaspoon of blush powder but that was too thick so I ended up adding a tablespoon of face lotion total.


The powder takes a bit to incorporate into the lotion, so just keep mixing and mixing. After a few minutes it should finally be coming together. Keep stirring until there are no chunks and it looks pretty even. You now have a cream blush!


As you can see, mine is sheerer than most store bought blushes, and because of the specific blush I used there's a significant amount of shimmer. I would like to point out that the blush I used is not as pigmented as most blushes so that's probably why the cream blush is light. I may use this as a cream highlighter instead of a straight blush, I really like how it looks when I blended it out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment