Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

We are now halfway through August, this month seems to be flying by! As always I'm participating in Ramblings of a Suburban Mom's Thursday Thoughts.



  • I'm going to start this week's thoughts on a somber note. By now I'm sure you have all heard the heartbreaking news that Robin Williams passed away Monday. I am devastated by the news, he was a favorite of mine and I am sure I'm not the only one who found strength in a character he portrayed. Depression is a horrible disease, one I've struggled with for much of my life. If you are feeling suicidal and have no one to talk to, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK. There is nothing weak or shameful about asking for help if you need it.
  • On a happier note, Rose City Comic Con is quickly approaching! I am a huge geek/nerd so this is the event I wait all year for. Last year I made a 1950's poodle skirt inspired Batgirl costume, it was super fun to wear around. Not going to spoil what I'm making for this year, but I'm super excited for it.

  • I really need to put myself on a no buy for the rest of the month, but Ulta has way to many good deals going on right now. Anybody else having trouble reigning in the spending? 
  • I'm actually getting good stuff this month from Ipsy, maybe they heard me grumbling about the last two months and decided to be nice? Course it may take forever to ship to me so I'm not getting to excited till I'm physically holding it in my hand. I'm keeping you guys spoiler free on what I got, aren't surprises fun?
  • My husband bought me an actual desk for my computer, I was using two TV trays before, I kid you not. Now I have this nice big corner desk set up and I feel all official now. Can I call myself a professional blogger yet?
  • Speaking of being a professional blogger, this blog is doing really well! So well I'm looking into doing a giveaway once I hit 1000 page views. As we get closer to that day, which will probably be in September I'm guessing, I will start putting together a prize pack. What would you like to see as a prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment