Friday, August 1, 2014

June 2014 Empties

This is my last super late post (YAY!), I'm finally all caught up after the extra long hiatus. My June empties surprised me with what all I finished and what I liked or didn't like. 


As you can see there were 11 items in my empties bag, 3 makeup, 4 skin care, 2 hair care, 1 tools, and a miscellaneous item. 

Cotton Swabs: Repurchase I buy a container of these about every other month from my local dollar store, no reason to spend big bucks on something I use once and then toss.


Bath and Body Works Pocketbac in Peony Scent: Repurchase I actually really like these and will pick up a few more next time I'm at the mall and they're on sale. I doubt I can get another in this particular scent but so long as it smells nice and works I'm pretty open to whatever they have. Speaking of Pocketbacs, there's apparently a large group of people on Instagram who collect these. And when I say collect I really mean hoard. When you've got over 1000 of them and you refuse to use them you're a hoarder. Its weird right? I think its weird.

Neutrogena Body Lotion: Not Repurchasing I don't even remember where I got this, it was just the little lotion I kept in my purse. I have a ton of lotion though so I will not be purchasing any lotion till I finally get through that pile. In my defense people keep gifting me lotion, I haven't actually bought any in years.


Clarisonic Cleansing Cream: Not Repurchasing I didn't actually buy this, it came in a big swap I did with someone. I don't actually own a clarisonic so I just used this with a rough washcloth. About half the time this gave me a rash, so even if I owned a clarisonic I'd be leery about buying more of this. If you have sensitive skin I suggest you skip this.

Coppertone SPF 50 Continuous Spray Sunscreen: Undecided I received this in a product sampling thing and I really liked it, but it is REALLY expensive I discovered. Almost $20 for a regular sized bottle, which is about twice as much as the lotion sunscreen. If I can find it on sale for a good deal I'll snag it but I'm not paying that much for something we'd use up in a month or two.

Mary Kay Night Time Emollient Cream: Not Repurchasing This is that Vaseline like stuff that comes in the pampered hands kit. I love love love the scrub and wish I could buy it by itself instead of in the set, but alas it isn't so I'm stuck with the lotion and the heavy, over scented, greasy cream. It took me about 3 years to finish this one tube, and I used it on everything. Knees, elbows, hands, arms, legs, nails...everything. 


Pantene Pro-V Conditioner: Not Repurchasing I got this on sale at Target and it just really didn't do anything for my hair. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good.

Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment: Repurchase I'm currently attempting to grow my hair down to my butt (currently just below the middle of my back by about 2 inches) due to a bet between my husband and I and part of the deal was he had to pay for nice hair care stuff while I'm growing it. I found this stuff at Ulta and it's suppose to give your hair all the things it needs to be healthy and maximize your hairs growing potential. First, it smelled AMAZING and left my hair so soft. Did it increase the length of my hair? I'll say it helped it finally get past the middle of my back and helped prevent damage that would hinder growth. So next time this stuff is on sale I'll be stocking up for sure.


Mary Kay Lip Something: Not Repurchasing So this is either the lip mask or the lip balm, I can't remember and apparently I took really terrible pictures of my empties in June. Either way I won't be repurchasing. For the price they just weren't that great.

ELF Lip Tints: Haven't Decided Yet I love ELF Cosmetic's lip tints, the red one is my favorite thing right now. The two in the picture are a pink and a darkish red-brown color. The pink didn't show up great on my lips so I'll skip repurchasing, but the other one I really liked. It was like a dark neutral color and looked great under certain glosses. So next time I place an ELF order I'll more than likely pick another one up.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through products I should have used up a long time ago, which is kind of cathartic to be truthful. My July empties bag is getting pretty full so that should be a good post for sure. What items did you use up in June that you were glad to see go?

No comments:

Post a Comment