Thursday, May 8, 2014

Product Review: ELF Makeup Remover Pen

As someone who practically lives in winged eyeliner, being able to correct mistakes without taking everything off is a pretty big deal to me. I typically would put eye makeup remover on a q-tip and use that to correct any mistakes I had made, but I wanted something better. So when I was placing an order of ELF (Eyes, Lips Face Cosmetics) and I saw they have a makeup remover in pen form I though I hit the jackpot! And at only $3 it was well within my budget if I loved it.


So when it finally arrived (ELF has the SLOWEST shipping I've ever seen) I was eager to test it out and it worked like a charm, I couldn't believe how awesome it was. The point was fine enough I could thin out to thick liner or go under my bottom lashes to clean up mascara that had smeared. The formula wasn't drying and there was no horrible smell so I was sold.

Until I had been using it for about a week, then it all went downhill from there. Once the pen tip became dirty (you can't really clean it) it just smeared makeup across my face instead of picking it up, so I'd need to use a towel or q-tip to wipe it back up, making it no quicker than what I was doing before. I bought it about 2 months ago and even though I store it upside down, the pen tip is starting to dry out making it really rough on the delicate skin under my eyes. Yes I know I only paid $3 for it, but I'd have liked it to work better than it did and not dry out quite so quickly.

I can't recommend this product at all, you're better off just using a q-tip and some eye makeup remover to fix your mistakes. This pen is going into the trash for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment