Saturday, May 24, 2014

Weekend Tips and Tricks

Memorial Day weekend is upon us, which means a 3 day weekend for most people. Amide all the BBQ's you'll be attending be sure to pause for a moment and reflect on the men and women who gave their life in the service of this country. I'll be making a trip Monday to visit my father's grave for a little while. Here are some tips and tricks to help your 3 day weekend run a little smoother.

-Holiday weekends mean BBQ's and long days outdoors so pick an outfit that can be easily layered for when the temperature finally drops in the evening. A light cardigan or jacket makes the perfect accessory to take you from warm days to cool nights.

-Sunscreen is a must for an all day outdoor event. Layer your sunscreen under your makeup, but make sure you give it time to soak in before you apply anything else. I like to put my sunscreen on then do my hair while I wait for it to dry and soak in. That way I get the maximum benefit in both sun protection AND time saving.

-Over do the sun? Invest in an aloe vera gel with some sort of numbing agent in it, like lidocain. I buy the big jugs of it at Rite Aid every other year and I store it in my fridge on days that I know we'll be outside all day. My husband is super pale and burns easily so I know I'll be needing it when we get home. Take an anti-inflammatory as well to help with the pain and swelling typically associated with a nasty sun burn.

-There is skin on the top of your head too, so either spray sunscreen there or invest in a nice sun hat. There is nothing more painful than a burned scalp, and peeling skin can make any dandruff you have ten times worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment