Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

It's July everybody! This will be probably the hottest month of the summer in my neck of the woods, and is probably going to be a crazy busy month as well. And since today is Thursday you know that means I'm joining Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts link up.


My posting schedule has been a mess lately, and I'm sorry about that. Between the heat, a busy work schedule, and some personal stuff I've just been unmotivated to blog. Which is silly because I love doing this and can't believe I didn't start doing this sooner. I'll sit down tomorrow and queue up a bunch of posts to use on days I'm to sick/busy/melting to write, and hopefully there won't be anymore gaps.


It has been so hot and humid here lately that I actually created a skincare summer travel kit to keep in my bag. I've had it for a few days and I've already used it a ton, so I highly recommend you create one of your own. I basically included different SPF products, lotion and skin balms, face refreshing spray, deodorant, and some stuff to combat acne and oily skin thanks to the humidity. Skin care lines should make pre-made little kits like this, these are seriously a lifesaver right now.


One perk of being a beauty blogger (besides getting sent goodies like the above) is my makeup skills have improves seven fold. So much so that now friends are constantly saying I should do their makeup. In fact I've been told that so often I'm going to start (slowly) building a professional makeup kit and doing makeup as a side job. I'm really excited for this new opportunity and what it means, and some extra income won't hurt obviously. For right now I'll be practicing and building my portfolio on friends and probably after Christmas I'll start doing paying gigs.


I realized the other day that I'm almost done with my face powder, which is one of those things I've never finished before in the past. In the last year I've used up so much makeup, its kind of crazy. But at least I'm using things up instead of them spoiling. And used up makeup means I get to go to Ulta and buy new stuff! NYX is 40% right now (till Saturday) so I'm getting the contour palette I've been going back and forth on for months. It works out to like $14 with the sale and my coupon so I'm comfortable pulling the trigger and getting it. And worst comes to worst I'll return it and get something else. Love when things you want are on sale, did you get anything super awesome this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment