Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Oh no, is it Thursday already? I need an extra day or three this week I swear, I am so far behind on everything. So let's get this post started shall we? As per my usual I am linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts link up.


We are now back from our trip out of state for the funeral, and slowly getting unpacked and back into our usual routine. My kiddo is now worried that every car trip is us going to a funeral now, so it's been a difficult week emotionally here. How do you explain things like funerals and death to a 4 year old?


Do you ever get something that is both totally ridiculous and totally awesome at the same time? My Grandparent's bought me a Snackeez cup and I seriously love this thing. A drink cup that also holds some snacks for me? Sign me up! The spawn got a Ninja Turtle one, he's pretty excited about that. I will never go back to a non-snack cup cup again. Best thing ever.


Did anybody else get a free little bottle of It's a 10 miracle leave in spray from Ulta this week? I love when they give me free goodies, just gives me an excuse to run in and grab "a few things". I'll actually be stopping in today, so keep your eyes peeled for new goodies on my Instagram. I know I said I was on a No Buy but I got some extra funds and some stuff I want is on sale so I'm breaking my ban. What can I say, I have no will power. And it's for my blog, so I don't feel super guilty about it. Speaking of which, I'm just about done testing out that NYX contour palette I picked up the other week so you should see the review up this weekend at some point.


I recently acquired enough yarn to open up my own shop, so I've set the challenge to finish some sort of object (like a scarf or a hat) a week until Christmas. The purple infinity scarf in the picture is for myself, but I've got about 1/5 of another scarf done as of Wednesday, hoping I have at least half of it done by the end of today. And I have 3 rows of another scarf started, so my goal is off to a rocky start right now. Anybody a knitter or crocheter? Should we start a Best Beauty Yarn Club?

No comments:

Post a Comment