Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Another Thursday is upon us! This week has been a whirlwind of emotions and things so I'm just going to dive right in. I'm linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts.


I know I've mentioned that I've been experiencing some health issues and that they've been impacting my ability to put out a new blog post. Finally after a few months of back and forth to my Doctors, testings, and dealing with my insurance company I have been approved to start a form of chemotherapy to treat my stage 4 endometriosis. For those not familiar with endo, basically the inside of my uterus is growing everywhere in my pelvic cavity. I have been in crippling pain for a while now and it finally reached the point where I either tried the Lupron or end up in the hospital. I should be starting it sometime next week, just depending on how slow the pharmacy is to send the stuff to my Doctor. Fingers crossed in two months I will start feeling better and be able to actually function without being heavily medicated. Hopefully I'll be able to put up a blog post every day, but if there are missed days this is why. All I ask is that you please have patience with me while I go through this difficult period.


If you follow me on Instagram you already know this, but I finally got brave and tried that chemical peel I received in my Birchbox the other month. I want to know why nobody told me how gross and full of dead skin my face was. The amount of nasty stuff I scrubbed off, you guys would not believe it. Nasty. Once all the dead me goo was washed off I was left with the nicest looking, softest skin ever. I am seriously impressed with the Real Chemistry peel and YAY my face didn't melt off. So two thumbs up!


You know how most people have a bucket list of things they want to do or places they want to visit? Well I have a bucket list of weird food I want to eat. I finally got to cross frog legs off that list, and let me tell you they were tasty! Like a mix between cod and chicken in both flavor and texture. They were crispy fried with a super good sauce drizzled on them. Now to just find some place local that sells snails. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?


Yeah, my no buy lasted like a week. I got some extra cash and promptly headed to Ulta for some goodies. The nail polishes were $2 a piece and all the NYX products were buy one get one half off so all total this came to under $20 once I used my coupon. The color correcting palette review should be going up sometime this weekend, with the rest being reviewed probably in August once I play with them some more. My will is weak, I couldn't say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment