Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pssst....I've Got a Hair Care Secret!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin As you may remember from this post, I've been on a quest to find a really good dry shampoo that won't cost me a fortune. The second one I tried was the Psssst! dry shampoo, by Freeman (yes, same company that makes all of those amazing masks), and it was love at first spray. I'll keep testing them out for this blog, but this is the one I'm going to buy to personal use.


Dry shampoo, for those who don't know, is a spray you use to soak up oils from your hair and refresh it. Since washing your hair every day can actually damage it, dry shampoo is a blessing for people like me with oily hair. I use dry shampoo every other day, which is why a good price tag is so important. I don't have the funds to buy the $20 a can that often.

Pssst! is $5.99 for a full sized bottle, which with my level of use will last you about 2 months or so. You spray it on your roots, rub it in with your fingers, give your hair a fluff, and you're good to go. This spray does a really great job of absorbing the oil from my hair, I can actually go about my day with hair that looks clean and soft and actually has some volume to it. Sometimes for extra volume I flip my head upside down and spray the back of my hair.

White cast is the white residue left over from the corn starch in the spray. With some sprays they leave enough white cast that you look like an old person, so it kind of defeats the point of using it to make your hair look good again. Obviously every dry shampoo is going to have white cast due to the corn starch in it, which is what absorbs the oil from your hair. Psssst! has some white cast to it, but if you rub it in enough its barely noticeable, and I've got pretty dark hair.

This stuff smells nice, makes my hair look and feel clean, and even gives it some volume, all for $5.99. That makes me super happy. You can find it at Ulta, through the Freeman website, and Target for sure, but I would imagine you can probably find it at places like CVS, Walgreens, or Fred Meyers. If you are looking for a dry shampoo I highly recommend this one, it gets my personal seal of approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment