Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Sweet Fall Lip Scrub

Ah Fall, the time of year when the leaves turn beautiful colors, pumpkin spice everything comes out, and all the moisture from you skin gets sucked out. My lips especially get dried and cracked this time of year, and since I'm almost out of the chocolate mint lip scrub I made a while back I figured now would be the perfect time for another lip scrub recipe. This time I'm going to pull my flavor cues from the season, though I'll be avoiding the pumpkin spice cliche for now.


For this recipe you'll need:

  • Brown Sugar
  • Oil of some sort. I'm using olive oil because I forgot to buy more almond oil, but you can use whatever
  • Vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon
  • Measuring spoon and cup
  • Bowl and fork
  • Container to put the finished scrub in.

First, measure out enough brown sugar to fill your container about 2/3rds of the way up. For my container I used 1/4 cup packed brown sugar. All of my measurements will be in proportion to my 1/4 cup sugar, so you may need to adjust depending on the size of your container.


Add in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Now mix well, taking care to break up any clumps of brown sugar you find.


Next add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well.


Now slowly drizzle in your oil. The amount will depend on your personal preferences. I wanted this scrub to be a little wetter so I added more oil than I normally do. Just drizzle and mix till you get it where you want it. Then scoop it into your container and you are good to go. To use just scrub some onto your lips then either rinse away or lick away, the choice is yours. You can also make this in a larger volume and use it as a body scrub instead, it works quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment