Wednesday, November 12, 2014

InstaNatural Product Review Part 2


I'm going to jump right into the actual review today (which may be shorter than I'd like), we've had severe wind storms and near freezing temps today so I'm honestly expecting my power to go out any moment now. And Comcast has yet to fix my Internet problem (seriously Comcast, get yo shit together), so I have no idea if this post will even be visible come morning. For those who don't know, I typically write these the night before they go live, though I do try and queue stuff up when I can so I get days off. Also, all my pictures were taken on my desk because I had a candle set up so if the power did go out I wouldn't be in complete and utter darkness, so they are not my best pictures. Winter in the Pacific Northwest can really suck sometimes. The wind is blowing so hard it sounds like an ocean made of wolves is trying to crash through my window right now.


I have three products to review today, one I loved, one I didn't like, and one that was alright. Let's start with the least favorite out of the three. If you've been reading this blog for a while then you know I like multi-taskers. I only have so much free time so if I can do 3 steps in one step I'm a happy happy person. InstaNaturals makes a serum called "Age Defying Skin Clearing Serum", and as the title suggests, is suppose to clear up my skin, leave it soft, and help get rid of the frowny face wrinkles Comcast is causing me this week. This has 2% salicylic acid and 2.5% retinol in it, so it should have worked great. And I used almost a third of the bottle so I gave it enough of a chance, but this not only DID NOT help my breakouts, it seemed to make them worst. And I noticed no improvement on the wrinkles front. But chances may have been hard to see behind the wall of acne that cropped up. Seriously, I haven't broken out that bad in a loooong time. I have no idea what caused it though, it just may not go well with my skin. Overall, this item was a bust for me and I'll either chuck it or pass it onto someone else.


The item that I liked was their version of the hyaluronic acid serum, which I knew I was going to like. It has more good for your skin ingredients than the last one I tried, like jojoba oil and green tea. It smells like flowers due to the geranium essential oil in it, which is a nice change from the typical scent these types of serums have. I will continue to use this once my other bottle runs out.


The item that I loves was a bottle of pure argan oil, which is in pretty much every hair care product I use right now so I'm not surprised this was my favorite. You can use it on skin, nails, or hair, I've been putting it on the bottom three inches of my hair every night and I've noticed a huge difference in how my ends look. I stopped for a week and they went back to being crappy and in need of a trim. I also rub some into my scalp once a week, which I'd like to think is helping my freezing weather dry scalp. I haven't used it on my skin, though I wipe whats lets on my hands onto my nails. Basically a really good, pure cuticle oil. Now if you've never used argan oil before, the scent may surprise you. Like a mix between dried ginger and sesame oil. So I've been eating a lot more Chinese food since I started using it. I also really like the pump style bottle instead of an open bottle or a dropper, this is much easier to portion out. One pump is perfect for my ends, three for my scalp.

So two out of three isn't bad, and honestly I was bound to hate something from them eventually. Overall I like the brand and will continue to try their stuff as i come across it. You can purchase all of their products on Amazon, and if you have a prime account you get free shipping which is always a plus. So go check them out and give them a try. I think you will like most of their things
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment