Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Toner Revisited

Hello and welcome to this week's Tutorial Tuesday. We are revisiting the homemade toner again, I loved the last one but, with the weather changing here and the added stress of the holiday season I needed something a little different for my skin. This is a stronger toner than the last one, with an added moisturizing bonus to help combat that dry winter skin.


For this tutorial you will need:

  • Witch Hazel
  • Rosewater
  • Tea Tree Oil
  • A hyaluronic serum of some type
  • A jar with a lid, I used a mason jar again
  • Cotton swabs, the flat kind
  • A 1/4 cup measuring cup

First, measure out 1/4 of a cup of the witch hazel and then our it into your jar.


Now measure out a 1/4 of a cup of the rose water, and add it into the jar.


I added in about 10 drops of tea tree oil, you can add more or less depending on your own personal preferences. Do remember that tea tree oil has a rather strong scent so the more you use the stronger it will smell.


I also added a dropper full of my hyaluronic serum by Body Merry. It is my go to daily morning moisturizer so I added this to give my toner a moisturizing boost. You can obviously skip this part if you don't have any or don't need it.


Screw on the cap and give it a really good shake to really mix things up.


And just like last time, slowly add the cotton swabs 10 at a time until most of the liquid has been soaked up. You can double this recipe if you like, but I like being able to change up the recipe as my skin care needs change.

No comments:

Post a Comment