Saturday, November 1, 2014

Weekend Tips and Tricks

With the holidays coming up I know time management will be a huge struggle for me, so I need every extra second I can get. Here are some of my tricks to helping your days run a little less chaotic and unruly.

Tip #1: Mascara getting a little clump but you aren't ready to open a new tube? Place the tube (closed) in a mug of hot water for a little bit to help melt away some of the clumps.

Tip #2: Another mascara related tip. Save that fancy mascara wand you loved so much and use it with the cheaper formula you also like. Most of the time the wand is what makes the biggest difference, so this let you treat a $5 mascara like a $25 one.

Tip #3: Need new things but have zero money for them (story of my life)? There are lots of websites out there that give you points for doing surveys that you can redeem for gift cards. Swagbucks is the one I like the best and think is the easiest to earn gift cards from. I paid for my son's birthday gifts last year that way.

Tip #4: Put some deep conditioner in your hair before bed, you'll wake up to super soft hair (once you wash it out obviously) and you won't be stuck sitting around in the shower for 10-30 minutes.

Tip #5: Fold you shirts flat and then place them in your drawer up and down instead of flat. This will not only create more space but will let you see each shirt you own and cut down on how much time you spend looking for that specific shirt. if you have drawers big enough (I do not) do this with pants as well.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried one site to earn cash/ gift cards, but it was a pretty sad experience for me. Thanks for the tip about Swagbucks! I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah every other one I've tried super sucked, I tried Swagbucks on a whim one day and have been pretty happy with it. If you do about an hour a day doing the surveys you'll get enough points to get a decent sized give card a month.

      Delete