Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Exfoliating Facial Wash


I was looking at some really nice (aka expensive) facial scrub the other day when I realized they are basically a facial wash with a scrubbing agent in them. So my gears got turning and I decided to make my own. Turns out it was really simple and used two items that I already owned. So let's get this started!


To make this exfoliating wash you will need:

  • A facial wash you like. I used one I'm trying to use up but do like.
  • Salt. You can use regular salt, sea salt, or kosher salt like I did. A finer salt will give you a finer scrub, while a courser salt will give you a rougher scrub.
  • A container to put it in. I used my trusty mason jar.
  • A stir stick or spoon. I got lazy and used the first thing that was in arms reach, a cuticle stick.

First, pour 2-3 tablespoons of the salt you are using into the container you picked out.  I like to make my stuff in smaller batches so I can adjust as my skin changes throughout the season.


Now pour in enough of your wash until it is just a bit more than the amount of salt you added.


And stir, then you are totally done. To use just use it like you would a facial wash, making sure to massage it in to fully enjoy the scrubby goodness you just made.

No comments:

Post a Comment