Monday, June 8, 2015

Mani Monday: Triangles and Dots

Hello and welcome to another edition of Mani Monday! It has been blazing hot here so I'm feeling gross and a bit sick. Hence, this will be a quicker than usual Mani Monday with less pictures because my hands are super shakey. Yay being overheated! Let's get to this so I can go crawl into my freezer.

To do this manicure you will need:

  • Base color. I chose a red polish by Revlon that is not only crazy old but gets everywhere when I use it so I should throw it out. 
  • Black polish. I used a black by Sinful Colors.
  • Clear top coat. I used my trusty Ulta brand one.
  • Small brush
  • Nail polish remover and q-tips to clean up your edges.

Step one as always is to lay down your base color. I did two to three coats on each nail, just depending on how evenly the polish applied. Let this dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Now, you are going to use the small brush to paint a small triangle at the base of each nail with the black polish. I find you typically need two layers of the black to make it look nice, but every polish is different. It can be easiest to paint a dot where you want the tip of the triangle to be, then to paint your to side lines down from there. Then fill in and even out your lines. Wait for this to dry before you move on.


Lastly you are going to paint a dot a the tip of the triangle and then two on each side of the triangle. Let this dry, top with top coat, then clean up your edges and you are good to go. Depending on your chosen base color this can be either a really bold or a really subtle look.

No comments:

Post a Comment