Monday, June 1, 2015

Adore Me Mani Monday



Hello, and welcome to my second collaboration with Adore Me, an online lingerie company. My first collaboration was a makeup look to complement one of their swimsuits, so this time I'm focusing on the lacy lovelies they sell. I was really drawn to the detail on the lace of some of them, so I decided to do a manicure inspired by that sort of pattern. Let's get started!


To do this manicure you will need:

  • base color. I really loved a sky blue set I saw in their look book, so I am using Dermelect brand polish in the shade Above It
  • white polish. I'm using my white Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish.
  • clear top coat. I'm, as always, using my Ulta brand one
  • small paint brush
  • dotting tool
  • nail polish remover and q-tips to clean up edges.

First, as always, paint your nails the base color. I did three coats to make sure it was nice and opaque. Let this dry before moving onto the next step. And since you have a few minutes to kill, why not take a look at their new Sexy Lingerie collection, because their is nothing sexier than the perfect set of lingerie, whether it be fun and flirt or sexy and sultry.


Now, using your thin paint brush, paint a curved white line across the tip of your nail. Just take it slow and steady to keep it even. Let this dry completely before you move onto the next step.


Now take your dotting tool and place 4 dots along the base side of the line, following the gentle curve. Again, let this dry before you move onto the next step.


Now using the paint brush again, paint in little ovals going from the line to the tip of your nails. I fit in three on each nail, minus my pinky nail. Once this dried, top with clear coat then clean up your edges.


The details is lovely but compliments your nails, much like some well made lingerie compliments your body. Again, I'd like to thank Adore Me for allowing me to have some fun and design some posts to compliments their current line. I hope you guys enjoyed these as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment