Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Ah Thursday, the sign that my week is almost over. Just one more work day and then I actually get to spend time with my Husband and do extra fun activities with my kiddo. As per my usual I'm linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts.


For those keeping track, the end of my Project Pan Spring 2015 is quickly coming to an end. The first official day of summer is June 21st, so just a few more days to get as much done on my two remaining products. I may finish the eyeliner, but there's no way I'll finish that lipstick in time. I've made some incredible progress though and I finished a ton of products, so even if I don't finish the last two I'm super pleased with how my Project Pan turned out.


I've been on a bit of a no buy lately, both to save some money and to use up products I already own. I discovered the other week that my HD Blushes by ELF Cosmetics were drying up, so I'm trying to use everything in my makeup collection at least once this month to make sure nothing else is going bad. Because I'm actually using stuff I'm hitting pan on lots of items, which is exciting. This week along I've hit pan on the bronzer in the photo, an eyeshadow, and I rehit pan on my powder foundation that I repressed. Shopping your stash can be fun, you discover things you forgot, like the lipstick I was rocking yesterday, or you discover that a particular Dove body wash gives you a rash. I will have to make a run to Ulta this weekend to use the $10 rewards card they sent me, so I'll probably make that my only shopping trip till July. Unless someone wants to give me a gift card.


Speaking of Ulta, did anybody else get a $10 rewards card from Ulta this week? Stuff like this is one of the many reasons I love Ulta and you need to sign up for their FREE rewards program. I get so much awesome stuff from them like this, and their customer service at my store has always been fabulous. I am a loyal customer for life.

If you are on my Facebook page you might have seen my teaser about a neat monthly feature I'm planning. The concept of a monthly face challenge sounds really fun to me, so I'd like to do a series of single brand total face looks. So an all Maybelline face, or a look created just from Dollar Store finds. Something to challenge both myself and the brands I review. I'll start this in July with a Dollar Store face, which sounds both super fun and terrifying at the same time. But whatever the brand my goal is to keep the total to under $40, which I think is a budget most people can handle.

Father's Day is this Sunday, and I'm woefully unprepared. I need to figure out something neat for my husband, who is such a great father. One year I made matching shirts for him and our kiddo, thinking that might be fun to do again. Or maybe let the bug paint him a shirt, that'd be nice right? The kid's class I work with is doing mugs for the dads, so he'll be getting a mug at least. Holidays are so hard sometimes, what are you getting the dads in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment