Friday, September 5, 2014

Leibster Award

I am so fortunate and honored to have been nominated for the Leibster Award by not one but three different blogs. For those who don't know, the Leibster Award is a mini award bloggers give to other blogs that they dig and think are doing really great. I was nominated by Beauty on a Beer BudgetMaybe Monica, and See the World in Pink. Go check them out!

The Rules are:

  1. Post 11 random facts about myself
  2. Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked (I'll do a few from each blog, 33 answers would be a ton!)
  3. Choose 11 new blogs (under 200 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 questions.
11 Random Facts about Myself

  1. I'm a 3rd degree Black Belt in Taekwondo and I've been teaching it for over 12 years now.
  2. I do almost every craft known to man, I like to have options with my hobbies I guess.
  3. I have 2 extra sets of ribs, which freaks out new Doctors every time since they can't feel my liver without going under the ribs. I "forget" to tell them about the ribs if I don't like them.
  4. I've been married to my husband for almost seven and a half years now. We got married at a rock museum
  5. My hair use to be down past my butt as a child and I'm trying to grow it that long again. Right now it's past the middle of my back by a few inches.
  6. I've read every single Middle Earth book Tolkien has written and will at some point get a Smaug tattoo done on my left ribs (tiny little 2 inch tattoo)
  7. I don't have any tattoos yet, but I will eventually have several. I do have a navel piercing, which was a birthday gift from my favorite person that I'm not married to.
  8. I love to bake and I'm known for my amazing cupcakes. Although I love making them I don't want to open a cupcake shop purely because I'd hate to get up that early every day just to bake. 
  9. I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer when I was 22. As a result I've lost half of my reproductive system and have had 3 major surgeries. Despite all of that I managed to give birth to my son three and a half years ago.
  10. I'm deathly allergic to coconut
  11. I use to never wear makeup and actually hated it in high school. Now I know that's because I was using old, cheap crap that had no chance of ever looking good.
Questions To Answer
  1. Why did you start blogging? I started this blog because I thought it would be fun and I needed a hobby to be truthful.
  2. What is your favorite food? I love all food to be truthful, I'll try anything once. No favorite favorite, but I judge places on their macaroni and cheese.
  3. How did you come up with your blog name? My thing is not spending a ton of money of my beauty products, $50 for a lipstick gives me anxiety. So Best Beauty for my Buck just made sense to me.
  4. Favorite beauty product? Mascara, can't live without a great set of lashes. Currently really loving the Urban Decay Perversion mascara.
  5. Favorite skincare product? My Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub Mask. Nothing makes my skin look better than that for sure. I'll be doing a review of it later this month.
  6. What is your go to accessory? Depends on the season I guess. I'm rarely without a scarf during colder months, summer I'm more about the hippy earrings I guess.
  7. Who is your style icon? I don't have a style icon per say, I tend to just wear what I like and what's comfy.
  8. What did you want to be when you were little? First I wanted to be a monkey (no joke) then I wanted to be an astronaut. But my eyes went to shit (already in bifocals) so that plan went out the door.
  9. Favorite place in the world? I live in Oregon, like an hour or so from the coast. The coast is my favorite place to be, it just feels like home to me. Some time in the next 5 years we'll be moving down there for sure. Oregon beaches are amazing guys.
  10. What is a pet peeve of yours? Picking just one is hard, but people who floss their teeth at the table are at the top of my list for sure *cough*my husband*cough*
  11. Name a guilty pleasure. I never feel guilty in taking pleasure in something Isn't that a quote from someone famous? But it's true, I stopped feeling guilty for doing things that make me happy and you should too.
My questions for the blogs I nominate:
  1. When did you start blogging?
  2. Why did you choose your blog name?
  3. Favorite makeup item?
  4. Favorite skincare item?
  5. Least favorite beauty trend?
  6. Favorite movie?
  7. Coffee or tea?
  8. Best advice you ever received?
  9. Worst advice you ever received?
  10. Go to Accessory?
  11. Where do you see your blog in a year?
I nominate for the Leibster Award:
And that's it because the other blogs I read have either been nominated a ton already or are to big.


Did you enter in my giveaway yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment