Monday, September 22, 2014

Metallic Striped Mani Monday


I used Maybelline Mirror Mirror for my base coat (if you can find it still it is the BEST silver I have ever found) and Sinful Colors in a metallic teal (label is scrubbed off, oops) for my stripes.


Step one is to do your base coat, use the lighter of the two colors for this. Make sure your coat is nice and smooth and completely dry before you move on to the next step.


You can buy nail art tape that comes in thin stripes, but I just used some scissors to cut up some painters tape. I laid down two stripes, make sure you smooth them down completely.


Lay down your layer of the second color, make it nice and thick so the base coat doesn't show. Then peel off the tape before the polish starts to dry. Do this to all of your nails, then clean up your edges and you are all done. The metallic colors were hard to photograph, but they look really great in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment