Monday, September 8, 2014

Peek-a-boo Heart Cut Out Mani Monday

This week's Mani Monday is a tougher one, you'll definitively want to practice this one a few times before you do it for a big event. But it is super cute and I'll be pulling this out for Valentine's Day for sure. And the supply list is super cheap and you probably have everything you need at home already.


I used an ELF nail polish called Wedding Bells for my base coat, which is a super pale pink. It was kind of streaky so I wouldn't recommend it. For my top color I used another ELF nail in a BRIGHT red, not sure of the color since the sticker is gone.


You want to paint your nails the color you want your hearts, try and make this as smooth as possible.


You need heart shaped stickers small enough to fit on your nails. I have a small child so I have a ton of stickers already. Place one on your nail, making sure it's smoothed completely down.


Paint over it, making sure you get everything covered. Use a pair of tweezers to peel off the sticker before the polish dries, and tada! You have a lovely peek-a-boo heart cutout manicure.


My thumb turned out the best out of all the nails, this is harder than it looks. If you wait to long to peel he sticker off, the edges get jagged, so remove the stickers right away.


This is what happens when you don't smooth the sticker completely down. If you make an unfixable mistake, here's how to salvage it. Paint the whole nail the red (or whatever color you picked) then top it with a matching glitter polish. Since it was just my ring finger that got messed up it now looks like a neat accent nail. A happy accident I guess.


Once you've done all your nails clean up the edges with a q-tip soaked and top it with a clear coat and you are good to go. This is a cute manicure for Valentine's day or any day you want to show the world you love somebody or something.


2 comments: