Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Acne Busting, Skin Toning, Pore Shrinking Toner

I'm a huge fan of toners, as I've mentioned before on this blog. I love how they make my skin look and feel, and I love how easy it is to make them myself at home. With my busted up hand I'm a bit limited as to what skin care stuff I can use. If I need two hands to use it or open it I can't use it. I've been lucky enough that some of my basic stuff opens fairly easily if I hold it in the crook of my elbow (or ask my toddler to open it, like my deodorant and dry shampoo), but a lot of my face wash is to difficult for me to manage so my skin looks terrible right now. I've created a new DIY toner recipe that should whip my skin back into shape and didn't cost me a penny to make.


To do this tutorial you will need:

  • Water. I used plain tap water but you can use distilled if you think you won't finish it quickly enough. My suggestion if it will take you over a few weeks to finish it then use distilled.
  • Apple cider vinegar. I'm using the stuff I keep in my kitchen, no reason to go out and buy fancy vinegar unless you really want some.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • Tea Tree Oil. You can omit this if your skin is sensitive to it, I added it in for extra acne fighting powers.
  • A jar with a lid. I'm using a wide mouth jar because they're the easiest for me to open right now.
  • Cotton pads. I get these at the dollar store, but you can buy them anywhere that sells beauty or first aid items.

Step 1: Measure out 6 Tablespoons of water into your jar


Step 2: Add in 4 Tablespoons of the Witch Hazel


Step 3: Add in 2 Tablespoons of the apple cider vinegar


Step 4 (optional): Add in 10 (or less) drops of Tea Tree Oil


Step 5: Give it a good stir then start adding in your cotton pads. I add until I either run out of room or there is no more liquid sitting in the jar, whichever comes first. I still had some liquid sitting in the jar so I added some extra pads on the side since there was a bit of room there. I may add extra pads as I use them up just to make sure I don't waste any of the liquid.

And that's it. Put the lid on and store in a cool, dark place to help keep it fresh longer. The combination of ingredients should help clear up and prevent any acne you may be experiencing, while toning up your skin and refining your pores. I use them every morning and night, but you can use it as often as you like. And since you made it yourself you can customize it however you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment