Monday, February 23, 2015

Mani Monday is just Peachy!

Guess who's hand is much less busted up? That's right! Out of the brace and so long as I'm just chilling at home doing nothing I can un-tape my fingers. Which means I can paint them all pretty like! The weather here has been very spring like and I bought some pretty spring nail polish so I though I'd do an ode to my favorite spring fruit, the peach!


To do this manicure you will need:

  • A base color. I'm using Ulta brand nail polish in the shade Mint Condition, which is a beautiful sky blue.
  • A peach color. I'm using one of my new Ulta polishes, a shade called OH!, which is a shimmery peach color I'll probably use quite a bit in the future.
  • A green color. I'm using my other new Ulta polish, a creamy mint color called Out On A Lime. 
  • Clear top coat, which I finally replaced (go me!)
  • Paint brush or dotting tool. I started with  dotting tool then switched to a brush which ended up being easier.
  • Nail polish remover and q-tips to clean up your edges.

First, paint you nails the base color. I always do 2-3 coats just to make sure there is no nail showing through and everything is even. Let this dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Now using either a dotting tool or a small brush, paint a large dot with your peach color. Once the dot is the correct side drag the bottom down a bit to form the kind of pointed end peaches have. Let this try completely before moving onto the next step.


Now, using your green color, paint two small leaves at the top of each peach. Mine ended up a little wonky but still pretty cure. Let this dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Now top with clear top coat then clean up your edges and your manicure is just peachy! You can do this on as many nails as you want, I did just two because my fingers are still pretty stiff and sore so this was all I could manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment