Friday, May 22, 2015

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak

As a person with super long hair, I spend a good deal of time taking care of it (and fishing food out of it, thanks to my small child). One of the things that can make or break a good hair day is your shampoo and conditioner, so I've been on the quest for my Holy Grail ones and after much searching I have found a contender. I will be the first to admit sometimes I'm super lame and I pass over certain products for YEARS because of some stupid preconceived notion. That's why it has taken me this long to actually try anything from the Not Your Mother's brand.


For those not familiar with this line, they have a ton of different sets of shampoos, conditioners, and coordinating hair products like curl creams and dry shampoos. They're edgier and funkier than most of the hair products you see on the market, with fun names and sassy descriptions on the back of their bottles. I personally love that aspect of their line, but I'm a sassy, pun-tastic individual in real life. I originally picked the Clean Freak line because it's sulfate free, which makes my scalp itchy. And after actually reading the back of the tubes I'm extra glad I gave these a chance. These are free of a lot of the nasty things companies often put into skin and hair care products, like parabens, dyes, and silicones. So it is not only good for you but good for the environment. And Not Your Mother's does not test on animals, which is nice.


I've been using these for about a month and a half now and I'm really happy with them. They're gentle enough that if I need to wash my hair twice in a row they don't completely stripe it of moisture but is strong enough to get all the oil and products out even if I've gone several days without washing my hair. My hair is shinier lately, and I've noticed a decrease in the amount of hair I find in my hairbrush, which I know is because it's sulfate free for me at least. Now I have stick straight hair so I have no idea how this line handles curly hair, but I imagine it wouldn't be a bad choice.

I am really loving these, and will for the first time ever buy another bottle once I run out. I always get something different, I've never gotten the same shampoo more than once in a row, so this speaks volumes for how well this line performed. And great news, they are super affordable! I bought them at Ulta for $5.99 each, but Ulta almost always has them on sale and you can use coupons on them so I basically got one for free the other month. And this month they are buy 2 get 1 free, plus there's a 20% off one item coupon so that's a great deal right there. Anybody else use the Not Your Mother's line? If you have, what did you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment