Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Why hello Thursday, so good to see you. Well, maybe not this week but typically I'm happy to see Thursday. Anywho, you should know the drill by now. Time for my link up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts Link Up.


So, did you guys like the nice 4 day gap in posts? Basically I'm an idiot and forgot to actually queue up the posts I wrote so they'd publish while I was away on vacation. And when I tried to correct the problem Tuesday night so there'd at least be a post for Wednesday I couldn't get Blogger to work. This is not my week apparently. So I've got a bit of shuffling around of things to go to fix the nice mess I made.


Speaking of my vacation, that was well needed. Several days relaxing on the beach with my family, exactly what the doctor ordered. If you follow me on Instragram you got a behind the scenes peek into my personal life, which I think is a nice change of pace sometimes. For those wondering what's up with the whales in the picture above, those are almost life sized whale kites we saw at the beach. They were too cool not to share with people, when the wind blew they "swam".  I now want one, though I have no idea where I would store a whale sized kite. Interesting fact, I've never ever flown a kite. Is that weird?


Onto beauty stuff. Sometimes my local Dollar Store has some amazing finds and last week I found Blender dupes! For a buck I think they are pretty good, though they for sure have to be used wet. I'm going to go back at some point soon and buy up a whole bunch of them. Anybody else have an amazing Dollar Store find they'd like to share?


My Birchbox arrived right before we headed out, I feel like this was really fast shipping for once. Expect the review to be up sometime this weekend. I also placed an order Friday morning and it had already shipped out by that night. I'm hoping Birchbox has stepped up it's shipping game and this is a permanent change and not just really good luck. I hate waiting a week and a half for something to ship to me. I could literally drive across the country, pick it up, and head home in less time than that. My Birchbox order should be here Friday according to tracking, can't wait to share with you guys what I treated myself to!


The picture is just because I looked extra pretty the other day for work, so I thought I'd share. And because it remind me that I have some exciting news! I'll be doing a collaboration of sorts with Adore Me, a subscription based lingerie company. I'll share more details later but for right now know that I'm crazy excited about it and can't wait to get started on it.

And now for some maybe sad news related to this blog. I'm discontinuing my Tutorial Tuesday posts for the time being. I really want to expand over to YouTube and I'd like to do these tutorials there instead. I know many of you love my tutorials so I'm hoping once I get all my ducks in a row and the channel up you will pop over and see what I'm posting. This may change depending on how it works out, but at least for the rest of May there will be just a regular blog post on Tuesdays. If you have super strong feelings on this please let me know down below in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment