Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Ah Thursday, we meet again. This is the last Thursday of my work week before I take off for a few days of well deserved vacation at the beach. And as per my usual this is my weekly linkup with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts Linkup.


As I briefly mentioned, I'm getting an actual vacation this year! Three whole days away from work, home, and all the drama that seems to plague my week. I'll have posts queued up to go, but I won't be responding to anything till I get back or posting to any of my social media minus Instragram.


Hi, my name is Vicky and I have an eyeshadow palette addiction. Just bought this one from Coastal Scents and I'm already in complete love with it. The deep purples and pinks are why I bought it but after swatching it I don't think there's a shade I don't love. I have a feeling this will be the one I reach for everyday for the next week. Or until my new palette arrives. Because yes, I ordered another one. Finally caved and bought the Revealed 3 (also by Coastal Scents), but I used Birchbox points on it so I don't feel guilty buying another palette. Just don't point out how much makeup I've bought lately to my husband please.


Did everybody have a good Mother's Day? We did a picnic at the Rose Garden, then wandered around for a while before hitting the giant park there so the kiddo could play. The night ended with some seriously tasty food, so a perfect day from start to finish. My husband got me a subscription to Loot Crate, so don't be surprised if you see reviews of my boxes pop up on the blog. Love me some geek stuff, can't wait to get my first Loot Crate.


I hit pan on another eyeshadow, so I thought I'd muse about hitting pan on stuff for a bit. Obviously actually using up makeup before they go bad is awesome, and I have so much makeup that I really need to use up some stuff. But finishing a product is also really sad, especially if it's one no longer available or is super out of your current budget. Do any of you participate in the various Project Pans that seem to go on all the time on Instagram? I'm doing one right now, but I'm thinking of starting another two: one for nail polish and one for skin care items. My bathroom is overflowing with products right now, and I just placed a big order on Birchbox with all of my points. I REALLY need to use stuff up before I get buried alive under an avalanche of lotion bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment