Saturday, May 9, 2015

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

I live in an area that gets pretty cold, very dry, and very windy during the winter. That is a recipe for some unhappy skin, especially on your face. The winter before last was especially bad, and my poor kiddos face looked like someone took a cheese grater to it from all the wind burn and how dry/chapped it got. Nothing I tried worked at preventing it, though certain things did help heal the chaffing back up. Fast forward to last December and I got a little tube of a glycerin skin cream popular with Japanese mountain climbers in my Birchbox.


This cream, called Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream, ended up being the best thing I've gotten skin wise from Birchbox to date. This thick non-petroleum cream not only kept the kiddos skin soft but prevented all wind burn and chapped skin that winter. Not once all January (which is usually the worst month) did he get more than rosy cheeks from the cold. I'm calling this my miracle cream, I can't imagine going through winter without it. And I've recently discovered that it works great on healing and clearing up the eczema he has as well.


As you can see in the above picture, it is a super thick cream so a little goes a long way. There is a strong camphor smell initially but that fades pretty fast so it's never bothered me. I use it on my hands when they get a bit to dry for lotion or if a craft project created some cracks (curse you Superglue!). The nice thing about this is it can be used anywhere on the body, including the lips though I haven't tried it there yet. But I know the company makes a more solid version in a lip balm tube, which I will probably pick up once I finish my two almost done tubes.

I seriously can't recommend this enough if you live in a climate like mine where the cold or wind is often leaving you chaffed, chapped, or wind burned. A tube is $16, which isn't to bad and it does last quite a while so the price doesn't bother me. You can buy this from Birchbox, or if you have a store local to you that carried Asian skin care items you will probably find it there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment