Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Resolutions

One of my favorite things about the new year is how it always feels like a clean slate. I have a brand new year to tackle and none of last years mistakes to hold me back. Logically I know it doesn't work that way, but its a nice thought. I rarely do resolutions because I know I'll barely keep them past the middle of January, but I thought it'd be fun to list them out on the blog and maybe you guys can help hold me accountable. So here are my 2015 resolutions!

#1.) Fix my messed up sleep schedule. I'd like to blame blogging for this one but I've been a night owl since I was a teen. It's actually almost 3 in the morning as I right this, which is both hilarious and sad. I need to start sleeping eight hours a night, no more 4 hour nights with a pot of coffee for breakfast.

#2.) Get back to queuing up blog posts. During the summer I got really good at writing several posts at once, to the point where I was only writing once a day. I was doing less posts then yes, but I really need to get back into having at least a two day buffer for days I hit an unexpected snag and don't have time to write.

#3.) Work out more. I'm pretty sure this is everybody's resolution, but I want to do it anyways. Before I developed cancer (have I talked about that yet? If not, oops! I'm fine, don't worry) I was in amazing shape. Like 6 pack abs and could run a 4 minute mile easy. Then cancer, 3 major surgeries, and a baby later and I'm a bit squishier than I'd like. I'm not fat and I like my body, I just want it to be strong and tough again. So back to running and weight training is my goal. In the mornings, hence resolution #1 being so important.

#4.) I want to get better at being a blogger. I've got a pretty good gripe on the whole writing thing but I want to become a professional blogger instead of a casual blogger and to do that I need to step my game up. My social media skills need an overhaul for sure and I'm planning on doing some YouTube videos to bring an extra dimension to the blog. I will be redesigning the layout of my actual blog sometime in January, so keep an eye out for that.

#5.) And lastly, I need to let myself off the hook and just be nicer to myself. I'm to negative with myself and to focused on my failures, it is really draining emotionally. I have incredible patience and empathy with other people but I'm kind of an asshole to myself. So 2015 will be the year I'm actually nice to myself.

Those are my resolutions, none super hard minus the actually sleeping one. Is anybody else doing a resolution list? Share them below down in the comments, I'd love to hear them. Happy New Year everybody, let's go kick 2015's ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment