Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Top 5 Tutorial Tuesdays

Sometimes I like to look back at past posts and see what was popular with my readers. Some posts get lots of views while some gets lots of comments. So I thought I'd share my top 5 most popular Tutorial Tuesday posts with you guys and a few thoughts on each post.

Starting with number 5: Homemade Facial Toner
This post came about out of pure necessity, I ran out of toner and just flat out did not have time to go to the store and buy more. A quick peek into my craft closet (an actual closet stuffed to the rafters with my crafting stuff, drives my husband nuts) and I discovered I have everything I needed to make a basic toner. Since then I've been playing with the recipe and adapting it for my skin care needs.

Number 4: Pre-Shave Scrub
I have probably made a gallon of this stuff over the last year or two, this is one of my personal favorites. I actually got the original idea for this from Pinterest and tweaked it to my personal liking. This has actually saved my a ton of money since I use it in place of shaving cream now.

Number 3: Fixing Shattered Makeup
This is one I did so I could direct people to my blog instead of answering the same question over and over and over again. Seriously, if I had a nickle every time a friend asked my how to fix a broken eyeshadow or blush I could afford to buy that expensive palette I've been coveting. I actually bought that blush specifically to shatter and fix for the post and it took me forever to break. Like I was throwing it across the room and not even a flake was coming off. But I drop an eyeshadow palette I like a whole foot and BAM! Instant shatter. Crushing up the blush was actually really satisfying too, so a fun post all around.

Number 2: Jelly Soap
This is actually one I made as a surprise for my son, who was having a difficult week and needing a fun surprise. I was reading a blog about making LUSH items and how and decided to try my hand at making some items based off of their stuff. These were seriously fun to use and play with and made bath time way easier.

And the Number 1 post is.......Oatmeal Bath Bombs!
This was actually my first official Tutorial Tuesday, so it makes me seriously happy to see that it was my most popular. My son actually requested this, so you can thank him for it. He saw me looking at bath bombs on Instagram one day and decided he needed some for his bath. Well a quick check and I found out I could make them at home for a fraction of how much they cost at the store. I'm actually working on a new bath bomb recipe, so keep your eyes out in January.

And that's it for my Top 5 Tutorial Tuesday posts! I hope you guys are enjoying these as much as I am and I look forward to seeing what my top five will be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment