Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Hello! Once again I am linking up with Jen of Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her Thursday Thoughts.


First, I would like to apologize for the unannounced mini break during Thanksgiving. The holidays can be overwhelming for me and I needed a break from a few things to recover. I will try to announce that I'm taking a break next time instead of leaving people hanging like I did.


It is officially Christmas time! I've been decorating like crazy, as you can see from my front door (please don't stalk me). I did an 8 foot Christmas tree at my work this week too, so I've been decorating like a crazy person all week. We're getting our tree this weekend, then it'll really feel like Christmas at home. I love this season, though it can be very difficult for me on a personal level.


My Birchbox order came it, and it had lots of extra goodies in it. The brush, which I"ll be reviewing later and the box (pre-shave oil for my scruffy hubby) were my actual order, the foil pack and the Pixi lip balm (which was on my wish list so score!) are my mystery pack items. The lotions and the serum are just nice surprises I guess? The lotions are Tocca and $10 each while the serum is Paula's Choice and is $30 so I'm pretty happy with this mistake. Totally makes up for the mirror in my mystery pack last time.


Instead of setting an empties goal this month I've picked out 30 items I want to either finish or make a serious dent in this month. As of the publishing of this post I'll have 10 things done so that's pretty good! I want to be completely done with all my foil packs (minus what I keep in my travel bag) so I can use that basket for something else, which is what inspired this challenge. I'll keep you guys posted during my weekly Thursday Thoughts as to my progress. I've also put a moratorium on opening up any new makeup this month (minus swatches/testing for this blog) to force me to use up what I already have. I have a feeling that is going to be super hard once holiday gifts start rolling in, but I like a challenge.


My scruffy hubby surprised me last week with a second monitor for my desk top computer, so I'm dual screening it up yo. This makes blogging so much easier, I can have my pictures/item info up on one screen while I write on the other screen, no more back and forth between tabs. And when I'm working on my computer game I can have my programming on one screen and my info on the other. I'm a very happy nerdling right now.

That's all I've got right now, hope everybody is having a good week and that the holiday season treats you well.

2 comments:

  1. Love the monitors. We have dual screens on our desktop too and I love working on it. It makes things so easy when you are actually doing something besides reading and surfing. I do most of that on my laptop so I can veg in the family room but I love the option. That is a great idea about selecting items at the beginning of the month to use. I have a stash going and I keep thinking I'll dig into it and use something but I just don't so if I prepicked some items and set them out I'd be more likely to use. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dual screens for like <3! And glad you liked the idea, I found that by keeping items "in my face" like that I use them more and am actually finishing things that I haven't touched in a while.

      Delete