Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Peppermint Body Scrub

Sometimes I pick things for Tutorial Tuesday because I think they are neat and I want to share them and sometimes I pick things because I needed to make some anyways and it's a little "two birds, one stone". Today's Tutorial Tuesday is a little bit of both. I wanted something Christmas-ish AND winter has hit in full force where I live so my skin is gross and dry. A peppermint sugar scrub fit perfectly, and it's super easy to do for those who are looking for a last minute gift.


To do this tutorial you will need:

  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • Oil of some sort. I used Olive Oil because that's what I had on hand but an almond oil would be great for this instead.
  • Peppermint essential oil. I'm using one by Pure Body Naturals (I did receive this bottle for free for testing and reviewing purposes, full disclosure and all.)
  • Bowl and spoon for mixing
  • Container to store finished product in. I'm using a handy dandy mason jar as always.

First, measure out your half cup of sugar into the bowl. Check it for any clumps, mine always seems to have a clump or two, part of living in the Pacific Northwest I guess.



Decide how wet you want your scrub. I personally like a drier scrub so I drizzled my oil in until I reached my desired level, maybe 1/4 of a cup total. For a wet scrub you can use a half cup of your oil instead. Mix them up so the oil is evenly distributed.



Now add 15 drops of peppermint essential oil. I chose peppermint for two reasons, one is candy canes are an iconic part of Christmas and the second reason is peppermint is really good for nausea. The holiday season can be VERY stressful and I always get a raging case of what I call "stress belly", so sniffing peppermint or drinking peppermint tea always makes me feel better. So there's some therapeutic aspects to this scrub as well.


Mix everything up and place in your container of choice and you are completely done! If you are giving it as a gift you could buy some red soap dye and do half red and half white them pipe it into your jar so it looked striped like a candy cane. But since this is for personal use I'm not bothering to make it look fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment