Wednesday, January 14, 2015

ELF Baked Highlighter Review

If you've been reading this blog for a while you know I have a love/hate relationship with Eyes Lips Face (aka ELF) Cosmetics. Some of their products are amazing, while other are total crap and pretty much go straight into the garbage can. I have a love of highlighters, and my all time favorite highlighter actually came from ELF and has a very budget friendly price tag, which is my favorite type of price tag.


The ELF Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearl is my go to highlighter, I find myself reaching for it 90% of the time over all the other highlighters I own. It is this lovely, creamy pearl shade that gives your skin this gorgeous sheen to it. Because the color is translucent there is no color to blend out like other highlighters I've tried, just shimmery goodness.


This is a baked highlighter, which means its a harder cake than a traditional pressed powder. I personally like this, it keeps me from overloading my brush and turning my face into a disco ball. Baked products tend to be better bang for your buck, there always seems to be quite a bit more than their pressed counterpart. This, as you can see in the pictures, is a domes cake, so size wise it's like two pans of highlighter. I think baked is harder to shatter, so I'm ok throwing this into my travel bag for a trip.

Sorry about the goosebumps, the temperature dropped here again. Brr!
I seriously love this highlighter, and I cannot recommend it enough to people. Anytime there is a highlighter discussion I always mention this one. I like to use it on my brow bone, nose, cheek bones, and a bit on my forehead to really reshape my face and make me look fabulous. And with a $3 price tag (yes, $3. How awesome is that?) I feel like anybody can take a chance on this and not have to worry about being out $30+ for some of the higher end cosmetics. ELF is available through their website and at Target, K-Mart, Old Navy, and my local 7-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment