Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

This is the last Thursday of January, how quickly the month flew by. February is shaping up to be a pretty busy month as well, so I really need to get all my ducks in a line. As per my usual, I'm linking up with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her weekly Thursday Thoughts link up.


First, a schedule update. I am going back to a Monday through Friday schedule for a while. I'm having a hard time keeping up with seven posts a week in addition to my actual paying job and my personal stuff. Weekends tend to be low traffic days so I'm hoping the blog won't suffer from my decision. I love doing this and I am not quitting, just cutting back a bit until I can figure out how to make 7 posts a week work out. I will still be doing the YouTube videos, there may be one up fairly soon assuming my plan B actually works. This is just a temporary change till things slow down a bit for me in the non-Internet work.


My progress so far on my Project Pan Spring 2015. So far I've finished the primer only, but it has only been a week. I've made some good progress on the shadow in the Ulta palette and the tinted lip balm. Pretty sure by next week I'll need to depot the shadow into a jar and I may actually finish the tinted lip balm. I somehow managed to lose the eye gel for most of the week (it was, and I kid you not, in my sweatshirt pocket) so there is almost no progress on that. Looking forward to seeing my progress come next week. I'll be using the hashtags #ProjectPan and #ProjectPanSpring2015 to document my progress on Instagram. If you want to participate with me use the tags so I can watch your progress and cheer you on.


I've been experimenting with different hairdos that I find on Pinterest and this was the simplest thing to do but I got so many compliments, including one that made me so happy I woke my husband up to tell him. Would hair tutorials be something people would like to see? Or makeup tutorials? I'd like to shake the Tutorial Tuesdays up a bit, there's only so many body scrubs I can do before it gets boring.

I'm testing out two new primers, one for my face and one for my eyeshadow. So far I am not liking them at all, which is frustrating. I have a shadow primer I love but I really need to find a face primer I like that won't break the bank AND does everything I need it too. What do you guys use and why do you love it?

Not beauty related but I almost just burned my face off while writing this post. I like to burn a candle on my desk while I type and for some reason the candle I decided to burn and have been using for a few days now exploded as I lite it. I've never had a wick do that, is that normal? Luckily I'm fine, my desk is fine, nothing caught fire but it was pretty scary. 

That's it for this week, I hope everybody is having a good week so far and if not then at least the weekend is around the corner. If you are on the East Coast please stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment