Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

I was about to say welcome to the first Thursday of the new year, but this is actually the second. So instead I'll say welcome to the first Thursday Thoughts of the new year. I hope 2015 is a great year for everybody. SO let's get started.


We hit 6000 page views a few days ago, I'm so excited and so proud of how well this little blog is doing. I never thought I'd be getting a 100 page views a month and now I'm averaging 1000-1500 a month. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everybody who reads this blog and helps me do what I love doing.


I applied Jamberry wraps on Sunday, here's how they are looking today. The index finger is peeling pretty bad and the tip has come off. The thumb looks terrible too, it's all wrinkled up and peeling. Overall I'm not impressed with the lasting power of these, I'm not finding them any different from other wraps I've tried. We'll see how they look in a few days, but I'm betting they'll need to come off by this weekend.


I popped into Ulta for just a few items the other day, still forget to get new clear top coat. Seriously, this is becoming ridiculous. I did pick up a really pretty pale blue on clearance, I've already planned a few manicures with it so stay tuned for those this spring. The Ulta brand nail polish remover is amazing you guys, it removed my polish in half the time of my old stuff. And that big bottle was only $3, so a great deal. The mini bottle is for my travel kit or when I do manicures of friends. And the mascara will be tested later, probably in March.


I have to share this picture with you guys. A month or two ago I may have mentioned that the ceiling in my work office collapsed AGAIN and we were having trouble getting someone in to fix it. Well my boss got tired of the hole letting so much cold air in so he "fixed" it. I seriously crack up every time I walk into my office now. I'm pretty sure this is the worst patch job ever but its keeping the cold air out and the warm air in so I'm pretty happy about it.


At most Dollar Trees you can find these little bottles of loose eye shadow by LA Color, and I bought a gold one a while ago. The packaging sucks so I had the brilliant idea to depot it, which did NOT go smoothly at all, but the amount of shadow in that jar was amazing. This is maybe half of it, I filled three of my plastic makeup jars before I got tired of fighting with the bottle. SO those are seriously a good value if you can find one in a shade you like. But it is MESSY to depot, let me warn you now.

That's it for this week, next week should be a bit more exciting for sure. I have big plans coming up that will hopefully come to pass by next Thursday. I'll leave you guys with a question: what DIY projects would you like to see in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment