Friday, March 6, 2015

Beauty Protector Everything

Being a Birchbox subscriber means I'm introduced to lots of different brands and products. Most of the time I like them, but every once in a while I fall in love with a product so hard you end up buying almost everything from that line. Back in October I received what is still my favorite box, and in that was a product called the Beauty Protector. And that was the start of a beautiful friendship, or beautiful hair friendship I should say.


Beauty Protector is a Birchbox exclusive line of hair care (and now body care!) products. They are probably best known for their Protect and Detangle Spray, which is the product I had received in my October Birchbox. They also make a hair repair mask, a dry shampoo, a hair oil, a shampoo and conditioner set, and now a body wash and a lotion, all in their signature scent, which I will talk about in a bit. I recently bought another full sized bottle of the detangling spray and decided to get the travel sized set of all their products, minus the hair mask, to review for this blog and enjoy on a personal level.


First up is the gem on the line, the Protect and Detangle spray. This multi-tasker just about does it all, it detangles, protects against heat and UV rays, seals cuticles, smoothes hair, locks in your color, adds shine, and conditions your hair. I am not exaggerating when I say I use this product every single day. This plus my special detangling brush have made mornings a breeze, even with my long hair. My hair always feels so nice after I use it and it looks really healthy, which is important I think. I've used leave in conditioners before that weigh my hair down and makes it look really dull, and I never experience that with this spray. I actually get people leaning over all the time wondering what perfume I'm wearing because I smell so good, and I always tell them its my detangling spray. This stuff smells like a pastry shop in heaven, if they ever come out with a body spray I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm curious to see how well the smell holds up this summer when my hair is getting gross and sweaty at work. A full sized bottle is 8 oz (so will last quite a while even with daily use) and is $21.95.


Beauty Protector also offers a travel sized set of all their products minus their hair mask in a travel friendly bag, which they named their Beauty Protector Jet Set, which I though was a clever play of words. This set comes with a 2 oz bottle of the hair spray (which will be going into my work bag), a 2 oz bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner, a 2 oz bottle of their body wash, and a 2 oz bottle of the lotion, which all come in a black and red plastic zip top bag (which will also go into my work bag). I may be mistaken but I think these are TSA friendly sized bottles, which would make this an awesome kit for traveling. It was only $22.95, which I think is a pretty good value for everything you get.


I haven't tried the shampoo, conditioner, or body wash yet since I'd doing some other product testing, but I'm very excited to try these. The lotion is super thick, which was a nice surprise, and soaked into my hands really well with no greasiness left over. As I mentioned before, all their products have the same scent so you can imagine how amazing the lotion smells since it is more of a concentrated scent. The shampoo is paraben and sulfate free and both it and the matching conditioner give you the same benefits as the spray (minus the detangling aspect). They are listed as color safe so if you dye your hair these may be a good option.


I'm super happy with this brand, and I will continue to buy products from them and recommend them to everybody I know. I will at some point pick up the rest of the line except the dry shampoo, I have one I love already that doesn't cost almost $22. If you've used anything from this brand what did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment