Monday, March 30, 2015

Delicate French Manicure

While I typically like bold and bright manicures, sometimes it is nice to have something soft and subtle. Especially when it is so easy you'll be done before you know it. And the best part is with a simple sway of your colors you can be bold and bright or soft and subtle or even matching a particular event or sports team. The options are endless!


To do this manicure you will need:

  • A base color. I wanted something sure subtle so I am using OPI in the shade Significant Other Color. If you want something that will make a statement choose black instead.
  • An accent color. I'm using an ELF polish in the shade Blush. For a bold look choose a neon bright color, I've done hot pink before with great results.
  • A clear top coat. I'll be using my trusty Ulta brand polish.
  • Nail polish remover and q-tips to remove any polish from your skin.

First step is to lay down your base color. I did four layers to get the right level of color, but as you can see it is still pretty sheer. Let this dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Since my base color is sheer I can see the natural white part of my nail, but if you can't try to estimate where it is and how wide it is. Take your accent color and paint on where the white part of your nail is. I find it easiest to dab and brush up towards the pi of my nail, rather than paint it in one large strip. You can lay down some tape if you are worried about keeping a clean edge, but I find this only looks nice on longer square tip nails. Let this dry completely before going onto the next step.

Now top with your protective clear coat and clean up any polish that way have gotten onto your skin. This is super easy and is so customizable you are sure to find a color combo perfect for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment