Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Cupcake For Your Calendar

Last week I showed you how to make an adorable donut paperclip bookmark, so as promised here are the instructions for the matching cupcake one. These are so adorable and I get compliments on them whenever I have them out. And being able to stay organized AND fashionable at the same time is pretty awesome I think.


To do this tutorial you will need:

  • Fabric glue of some sort. I used Tacky Glue
  • Felt for the cupcake. I used a baby pink
  • Felt for the cupcake liner. I used red
  • Jumbo Paperclips
  • Thread that matches your cupcake felt and a needle
  • Fabric paint in white and red, plus a tiny brush

First step is to make our pattern template. I just measured out a square then popped out the top a bit to create that taper. Then I free handed the frosting part that is the top of the cupcake.


You'll need two pieces of the cupcake, in whatever color you chose. If you traced the template onto the felt like I did, remember to trim away any ink left on the felt.


Attach one of the cupcake pieces to the paperclip with a few stitches of thread. This will help keep everything together in the event that the glue detaches from the paperclip.


Glue your second cupcake piece onto the first, making sure everything matches up. Let this dry a bit before you move onto the next step.


Using the bottom half of our template, cup out a cupcake liner from the second color of felt you picked out. Make sure it covers all of the bottom part of the cupcake, you don't want any peeking out on the side.


Glue the liner piece onto the cupcake and let dry completely. When everything is dry, paint some thin white stripes onto the liner using the white fabric paint. This is to represent the folds of a cupcake liner, giving out piece a little bit of depth.


And lastly, paint a little red cherry on top to finish it up. Let everything dry completely then enjoy your new bookmark. I know these are a bit different from my normal Tutorial Tuesday projects, but I thought they were too cute and fun to not share. If you would like to see more non-beauty projects, let me know down below in the comments, or contact me if there is a specific project you'd like to see me do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment