Monday, March 16, 2015

Easy Half Moon Manicure

Another Monday means another fun Mani Monday! This week is a simple design that will give short nails that bold look you often see with longer nails. Not everyone has long nails, and it can be difficult to find nail art that will fit on shorter nails. But this two toned manicure will give you that pop you are looking for.


To do this manicure you will need:

  • Base color. I chose an Essie polish in the shade Pin The Tassel, which is an interesting gun metal color.
  • Accent color. I'll be using a Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail color in the shade Wavy Blue.
  • Clear top coat. I'm using my Ulta brand one.
  • Small paint brush
  • Nail polish remover and q-tips to clean up your edges

Step one is to paint your base color on all of your nails. I did two coats of my Essie shade, one was a bit streaky. Make sure the base is opaque and streak free for the best looking manicure. Let your nails dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Now you are going to paint a half circle at the base of each nail. I find it is easiest to start at the base and work my way out, but you can draw in the curved edge first and then fill it in if you want. Depending on your polish you may have to do more than one coat. I needed two to three coats of my Sally Hansen color. Let these dry completely before moving onto the next step.


Now apply your top coat then clean up any polish on your skin with a bit of remover on a q-tip and you are done. This is a quick and simple design that's still bold and edgy depending on your color choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment